Tuesday, October 20, 2015

While On Strike: Some Photos from a Quick Adventure and Other Leftovers

Hello, History Fans!

Well it has been an interesting week in Reykjavik! We were given last week off as a "study week." And study I did! I finished one project, read a lot, translated an entire story about Loki, read a lot, developed an outline for a paper, read a lot. AND GOT A JOB! 

My pal Moeen with whom I play basketball got me hired at Nonnabiti, a local eatery. We are flipping burgers, making subs, and generally taking care of drunk people. But it's a pretty good time! I get a free meal when I work and endless coffee!

But, classes have been interrupted for the last two days! There is a public workers strike going on right now, which means my classmates, professors and I are locked out of the public school buildings and cannot attend classes. It is simultaneously frustrating and welcomed. I have been able to catch up on some work with this extended study week, but I need to get back into class, especially with our mid-terms quickly approaching! For more information on the strike, you can read about it here.

So, in order to reward my hard work, I took most of the day off and let Fraser drive me around to some waterfalls and to a lukewarm pool in the middle of what looked like Middle Earth. While we are at it, here are some other photos, some from around Reykjavik, some from Reykholt when we visited Snorri's house, and from our trip to ViĆ°ey to see Yoko Ono & the Peace Light Tower. 

Enjoy!





















































No comments: